Business training: how it’s done
What is facilitation. Tasks and content of the facilitator’s activity. Business training: how it’s done
Facilitation is the management of a group discussion or decision making process. Therefore, any discussion in one way or another requires the trainer to possess this skill.
The main task of the facilitator as the organizer of an effective communication process is to lead the group to specific agreements, results in the discussion. Most of the discussions at the training are aimed at ensuring that the participants, through the exchange of views and joint analysis, come to certain conclusions. Usually these are conclusions about which ideas are more consistent with reality and which methods of action are more effective.
To understand the content of the facilitator’s activity, it is important to understand the etymology of the word “facilitation”. Indeed, why do we use it, and not the word “moderator” or, for example, the Russian “leader”?
The term comes from the English facilitate – “help”, “facilitate”.
Thus, its meaning differs significantly from the meanings of the words “maintenance”, “moderation”. Translated from Latin, modero means “I moderate, I restrain,” and moderator means “managing, holding in obedience.” The word “leading” means “going ahead, head; the one who leads.”
Facilitation is, first of all, the creation of conditions for the discussion and decision-making in the group to be as effective as possible. It involves management in the framework of the discussion of three main components:
• content: organization of progress towards the achievement of goals. The trainer cares about what is discussed during the training. Content management, based on the essence of the facilitation process, cannot be directive, but is built on the basis of consensus;
• involvement of participants: without this, an educational effect and a change in the organizational behavior of participants are impossible;
• process: the objectives of the training should be solved as clearly as possible, in the shortest possible time. Through the use of various techniques, forms and methods of organizing the discussion, the most favorable conditions should be created for the involvement of participants and content management.
This text is an introductory piece.
Continued on LitRes
– facilitating interaction within the group (from the English “facilitate” – facilitate, help)
the process of helping a group complete a task, solve a problem, or reach an agreement to the mutual satisfaction of the participants
– a process that allows you to effectively organize the discussion of a complex problem or controversial situation and complete all items on the agenda of a meeting or meeting without loss of time
— the process of facilitation leads to an increase in the effectiveness of group work, the involvement and interest of participants, and the disclosure of their potential.
Facilitation is a professional organization of the group work process aimed at clarifying and achieving the group’s goals. The facilitation process leads to an increase in the effectiveness of group work, the involvement and interest of participants, and the disclosure of their potential.
Joint discussion of issues and problems that arise in the daily practice of business often causes disagreement and misunderstanding between the participants. Someone talks a lot, but someone’s ideas are not heard; a lot of time is spent discussing issues that are not related to the main topic of the meeting; no decisions are made… In order to reach constructive solutions, the discussion process must be managed and coordinated by the participants in the meeting. This process is carried out by a facilitator who manages the discussion process, involves participants and structures the work of the group.